Wanting to serve Locally?
- Tutor some kids from the South Cape area at Jefferson Elementary School on Tuesdays and Thursdays from 3:45-5:00pm with the SMaRt program. Contact Free for more details, or just show up on a Tuesday and/or a Thursday.
- Being a soothing presence in the life of those who are in Hospice Care. Be the hands and feet of Jesus for patients and their families during the dying and grief experience. For free training and volunteer opportunities, contact the Lutheran Home Hospice at 573-334-1515.
- Find many more opportunities to serve in Cape Girardeau by viewing a list on the Southeast Serves webpage.
- Become a Big with the Big Brothers Big Sisters program of Southeast Missouri. Get paired with a kid who you can love on and encourage. This is an incredibly rewarding experience that can change your life.
Join the Ignite Mobile Camp Summer 2016 Staff
Eagle Lake On Location Counselor - May 25-August 14, 2016
- Serve at churches across Missouri and live in amazing host homes
- Invest in campers ages 7-12, many of whom come from underserved communities
- Lead small group Bible study and meet one-on-one with each camper
- Engage your campers in activities such as the euro bungy, weaterslide, tie dye and more!
- Eagle Lake only offers summer staff positions to individuals able to make a full-summer commitment. There are no half-summer positions available. Summer staff receives a base salary for their service, as well as room and board.
Epworth League Ministry Internship Program
The Epworth League, a young adult ministry program through Servant Community, a United Methodist start up church in Southeast Wisconsin, is looking for young adults, aged 19-25, to be a part of their ministry internship program. There are opportunities for missions, spiritual development, and community outreach. Please turn in your applications ASAP. They would like to have the internships filled by the start of 2016.
Motown Mission staff placements are summer-long, intentional living, mission/service in the city of Detroit for college students. Staff work 8-10 weeks leading volunteers in home repair and other service work while living with other interns in a Detroit neighborhood. Stipends, weekly spiritual and vocational discernment activities, training, and fellowship opportunities are provided.
Quad W Missional Internship
An 8 week, paid, summer internship for college-age young adults. We will have interns serving in 9 cities in the summer of 2016: Columbus, OH; Dallas, TX; Kansas City, MO/KS; Little Rock, AR; Mobile, AL; Opelika, AL; Pine Bluff, AR; Portland, OR; Reading, PA.
QuadW Missional Internship is aimed at helping interns participate deeply in God's mission in a particular context and to be an experience that helps them to discern further God's particular call on their lives. Interns live in Christian community, serve alongside local UM churches and other ministry partners, working to meet the needs of others in that community.
For more information or to apply for summer 2016 visit their website - www.quadwmi.org
Project Transformation is looking for college-age young adults for a summer of service and ministry with underserved children and youth in Dallas, Texas. Working with us, you will have the
- Coordinate summer day camp programs for children and youth
- Live in intentional community with others who share a passion for ministry and service
- Explore potential careers in ministry and service and discern God’s call on your life
- Earn a living stipend of $2,618 and education voucher of $1,515 (housing and most meals also provided)
- Form lasting and meaningful relationships with children, youth, their families, and other young adults.
For more information or to apply for summer 2016 visit their website - www.projecttransformation.org/dallas/
Global Justice Volunteers
The Global Justice Volunteers Program of the General Board of Global Ministries is a short-term service opportunity for young adults, ages 18 to 30. Participants are from all over the world and serve all over the world. Small teams of volunteers spend eight weeks during the months of June through August exploring the links between faith and social justice as they work with local grassroots organizations. Volunteers work alongside their host community to address critical issues such as HIV and AIDS, poverty, human trafficking, and migrants’ rights. This program gives the volunteers the opportunity to develop new skills, to learn from local experts, and to channel their passion to help build just communities.
Looking for long-term mission/service opportunities?
Talk with Free about many possible options of how you can make a long term commitment in service to God both locally, nationally, or internationally for anywhere from a few months to a few years.